Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Butternut Squash

That's what is inside my head at the moment.

Last night I went out for drinks with co-workers after work. Heck, we even started early and had a glass at the office. I then proceeded to have my fair share of beverages for the next 3 hours.

Fair share = glass of white wine (at the office), 1/2 bottle of red, 2 tequila/seven-up

Needless to say I was quite inebriated by the time I left at...*sigh*...8pm ;). I left to get home in time for Survivor. I was much more intoxicated than I thought. I mean I used to be able to drink a ton (thank you 40 days and 40 nights)...but apparently my tolerence has really dropped...because I was out of it last night. I spoke with a friend on the phone...I remember doing that, but a major component of the conversation was completely lost to me...until she told me about it -again- this morning. I also managed to hurt myself a couple of times just from stumbling uselessness. Always good.

So anyways...today my head has been useless. I don't feel ill, or headachy or anything of the sort, but I can't focus in the least...I'm lazy and fuzzy and my head isn't working quite right. I thought I really wasted time yesterday...I wasted even more today. Walking into work on Monday morning is going to suck, because I'm going to have to make up for all of the work I didn't do today. And even though I have an hour left, this is all that I feel like doing. ;)

Here I sit...distracted, discombobulated, tired, and a little antsy...and finding ways to waste the next hour at the office (yes, I'll probably try and sneak out early...but can you blame me?)

Sorry I haven't written more this week. I actually composed a long GUSHY post about how much I love Buffy and why everyone should watch it and I go on ad nauseum...I'm just considering whether I should post it or not because it's a little much.

I'm so busy with the move...which, have I mentioned it here? Has been moved from April 30th to April 16th. Yup...now I have to fit 4 weeks of my move into two weeks. Which really means I wasn't going to start doing anything until 2 weeks before anyway...but I was going to panic then...now I'm just panicking early and blaming it on the decreased time span. But I'm thoroughly looking forward to it and I just can't wait to move it.

I should really walk home tonight...I need the exercise, but I just want to go to bed, which I shouldn't do either. No, I'll probably end up walking home, and then stopping at the LCBO to get MORE boxes (I've already filled 8...and I've got enough junk for at least another 8...not to mention clothes)...moving is hard.

Thank goodness I hired movers...I sure as heck ain't moving myself again...that was pretty tough and no fun. This will get all the heavy stuff in my apartment the Saturday morning of my move. Any furniture that I'm buying that needs putting together can be done in the new apartment between the painting and the moving in. Painting is taking place next weekend. My parents are coming into town to help. There could be as many as five of us painting...and that will be good to get done. And YES...even though my supers have said that they would -prefer- that I didn't paint the apartment red or blue...those are pretty much the colours I'm doing...lol. ;)

Look at that pile of work on my desk...nope, I'm not going to even attempt to touch it again. My day ended hours ago. I'm going to spend the next 1/2 hour thinking about how I'm going to spend my day, and my money tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter