Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Babblehead not bobblehead

Well, I went to start going through my sent email to find a blog topic to babble about before I leave the office for the day. Sometimes I'll be writing a long-winded email and think to myself, "...this would make an AWESOME blog topic..." and I very seldom manage to remember it or ever get back to it (because I always seem to have something marvellous and wonderful to blog about...gag). However, this afternoon at the office I -really- wanted to blog, but with how busy I've been and how scattered my mind has been I don't really have a focus of topic to write about.

Then I realized, before even opening a single sent email, that I could just blog about all the chaos right now...lol. And it's not really -all- that choatic, it just seems like there's a lot going on these days.

This week at the office has been overly busy. I work for 4 brokers and one of them, my main one F is out of the office. He is my biggest producing broker, and also the one who comes first, so when he is in, all of my other broker's stuff comes second, and they know it. So when he's out of town I get -much- busier, and not from making up for his not being here, but because I find the other brokers take the opportunity to get some more of their stuff done. So I've been a little swamped. Not burried, but busy enough to make it difficult for me to remember what I just did and what I'm about to do. Heck sometimes I can't even remember what it is I'm working on...no I'm not a scatterbrain...just a little scatterbrained.

Then socially I've been quite busy. I was out every night last week (I think...see this would fall into the category of something I just did) ;) But being out every night keeps you from doing things like dishes and tidying. I do -always- manage to do laundry, but that's because I'm completetly and utterly anal-retentive about laundry...I ONLY do laundry on Mondays. Well, that's a bit of a lie, because I have, on occassion, made exceptions to this rule, but it's very seldom that I do. I guess I'm funny that way...some people are completely anal-retentive and organized and others are completely scatterbrained and messy. I like a little of both. I like everything to line up and be even, but I don't mind things being untidy, I try to -always- do laundry on the same night of the week, the exact same routine, but I do other things, like dishes in a completely random way. This is one of those wonderful things about being me...and the person who will sweep me off my feet will love this about me...this I've decided! ;)

So after all of this social and business business...I'm moving. Now, I'm not moving until the end of April and I have the whole month of April to move...but there's a lot to do and I AM anal-retentive about moving. I have to be completely finished right away. No lingering moving stuff. Yuck! I have to do it that way, otherwise I'll never finish...I know me well enough to know that I have to force myself to finish what has been started, no lollygagging about, because the minute the car jumps the trax...that's it...there's no getting back on. So April is going to be dedicated to packing, and I take my time with this, I'd rather pack slowly in order to unpack quickly and efficiently. I will also be painting and decorating the apartment, as well as slowly moving the packed items over. I might also use some of this time for furniture building...and staining (if I get the table and chair set that I want). So lots and lots of busy stuff.

AND in the month of April I have some friends from Ottawa M & G...who and they'll read it here first...actually, since I'll be home in Ottawa this weekend I might tell them first...who want me to join them in NYC in April. And YAY...love NYC...but boo! it will cost money (that is otherwise being spent on moving and furniture and etc.) and time (that is otherwise being spent on the apartment as well)...not to mention that I haven't begun filing my taxes...this week I swear...and I could be paying as much as $2,000 this year...I know I messed up...get over it. So this NYC trip in April is looking less and less possible...could I do it...yes...will it end up stressing me out...probably...

So see...no wonder I haven't blogged much...my little brain is just so full (actually that doesn't seem like a lot...but it is and there's more)...but I can't get it all out. There's an information traffic jam and it's started pushing back into my brain and I'm on system overload, but Homer Simpson has his feet up and is eating powdered jelly donuts as he talks with Lenny and Carl, and he's not stopping the blockage...and it's gonna blow!!!! This is actually the mental imagine I have of my friend R's job, because he's a nucular (I know) engineer and deals with nucular (yes...I know) waste management. And I wish he'd do a better job in my brain ;)

Okay, now I sound crazy...but of course I do...it's 10 minutes to quitting time at the office on the Thursday before the long Easter weekend and almost everyone has already left the office but I stuck around an extra 15 minutes just to finish this darn silly blog when I've got a ton of things to do before I hit the road this evening to drive home to Ottawa. I want to be in my car in 40 minutes, but I have to take the subway, do the dishes, feed the cat, find my tax papers, remember my cell phone charger, change my clothes and pee...did I forget something...oh yeah...and put some music together for my listening pleasure, then hit the road, pick up my driving companion at the office, drive him home, pick up -his- cellphone charger...and HOPEFULLY be on the road by 6pm...Yeah! Right! ;) I have a dream! I SHO do!

Okay...I'm sure I will forget something (or I already have)...but I...AM....OUTTA HERE!

Luv ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter