Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Friday, February 18, 2005

...this little light of mine...

I am a hope-er. Always. I have had friends ask me why I always get my hopes up, only to get them dashed once again. Didn't I learn from the last time? Wasn't it painful last time? Why would I go and hope for the same thing again?

Well, my hope is a big part of who I am...I should have been named Hope (really funny if you know my last name) ;)

Have you ever seen the movie from the 80s, The Neverending Story? (the original) Remember at the end of the movie. The screen is all black and then you see a light and it's the Empress, and you think she's standing with Atreyu (sp?)...but she's not, she's standing with Bastien, and she's holding out her hand.

.

In the Empress's hand is the last remaining grain of sand from her world Fantasia. That little grain of sand is glowing and what we are supposed to believe is lighting that scene. Well that little, glowing, grain of sand is like my hopes. And it's an imagine I have had for awhile. Only I don't just have one hope, I have many...

- that every boy who never called, will stumble across my phone number, which was given out with trust and faith and love, and he'll remember how awesome I am and he'll call me

- that one day a broadway director will hear me singing, in the elevator or walking down the street and he'll think I'm fabulous and perfect for his new show which is about to preview and he'll offer me the leading role

- that all my friends will put their differences aside and will love each other the way I love each and every one of them and every one will be happy

- that the man in the moon is listening when I talk to him and he cares about me :)

...and many other hopes, some even that I won't share here because it will upset the people involved...and maybe others not involved...to know other things that I hope about, even though I know those hopes will never come true, but I will still hope them.

So here I am, like the Empress, only I'm not holding one grain of this glowing sand in my hand, instead I store the millions of the these tiny objects in my heart. And they glow very bright and each hope supports another. This makes my heart very big, and very strong. If any little hope is let down, all the other hope around it gives it strength and supports it, even though it has been let down, that little hope continues to be there. And with this strength I can go on being let down time and again and still spring back full of happiness and hope for another day.

I was sharing this imagine with a friend earlier today. It's an image that I have had in my head for a long time. And I really enjoyed telling her about it and wanted to share it with everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter