Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Moving

So...we're FINALLY out of my old place. My advice is never to move last minute, not even if you're carrying two places for the duration...and ALWAYS be completely packed before the moving day. This "over a period of two weeks" thing is a very difficult process. But *big sigh* it's done. Well the moving out process...now we have the moving in process to deal with.

I have a LOT of junk, and even though I threw out a ton (seriously)...bags and bags and bags worth, and sold and threw out furniture...I still have a gazillion things. So dealing with all this "stuff" and where to put it and what to do with it, well this is still left to be done.

Then we've got the kitchen...the tinted primer and the first two coats weren't enough. So all evening tonight I'll be anal-retentively doing a thick third coat of paint until there are no streaks or unevenly shaded areas.

And still more painting, there are a ton of baseboards and door frames that I'm looking forward to touching up. I do love the little details so this doesn't bug so much. I can wait to see nice clean lines everywhere.

All the technical stuff is Ian's department, so I'm not even going to fuss with any of that. Face plates, outlets & switches, hooks, shelves, lights. All stuff we need to be functional in our new place...oh and of course the entertainment centre and wiring. It look mahvellous...and I'm glad he likes doing this stuff. (I'm already looking forward to the at home version of Dance Revolution!) :)

And of course, more unpacking...lots of it to do. But we're getting there...we really are. I can't wait until everyone can come and see it.

Oh...and the bathroom...well we're going to try something...material on the walls. I'm not sure how well it will work out, but at least it's a place to start. However, after using the new bathroom for almost a week now...well, unbelievably, I've kind of gotten used to it. But lets see how our wall coverings do.

Needless to say, with the time change and the amount of work we've both been doing...I'm pooped...! No rest until Sunday...but it's definitely worth it. :) It's a lot of work and a bit stressful (yes, I've been irritable) ;) But it's already looking marvellous, and through it all, I've never been happier.

Now I'm looking forward to lying around and watching tv (on the BIG screen), helping with meals, baking...did someone say chocolate chip cookies ;) and entertaining anyone who's available. :) FUN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter