Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Snow...Spoons...Shakespeare

Sunday night we got dumped on…snow that is. And it was wonderful snow. I was already running late on my way into work (aren’t I always? Seriously, I can’t get my butt out of bed or out the door any earlier). Anyhoo…as I was walking to the subway station, I stopped to admire the snow. It was GORGEOUS snow…really light and fluffy looking, but nice and moist. And it was very deep for an overnight snowfall.

I stood there looking at this wonderfully cold, plush blanket and all I could think was I didn’t want to go to work. I wanted to call in sick…change my clothes…find a big open area…and just play in the snow all day. I wanted to make snow angels, and snowmen, build a snow fort and have a snowball fight. It has been quite some time since I have done any of the above. And it has been so long since I’ve seen such a lovely dough of snow. I tore myself away and continued to walk. However, I had to force myself not to simply throw myself down and make snow angels all the way to the subway.

Okay…plastic spoons. I’ve just finished eating my soup. And the spoon I get every day is one of the rounder soup style plastic spoons (not the plastic teaspoons). I prefer a small spoon but I’ve never had any difficulty with these spoons and I eat the same soup almost every second day. However, the edges of this plastic spoon were slightly sharp. Not sharp enough to cut my lips immediately, but definitely sharp enough that after prolonged exposure, I now have little wounds on either side of my upper lip. And they hurt.

…You’re just too good to be true…can’t take my eyes off of you…you’d be like heaven to touch…I wanna hold you so much…at long last love has arrived…and I thank God I’m alive…you’re just too good to be true…can’t take my eyes off of you…

Gosh I love being on hold…any reason for me to call our client services and I get excited…yay…MUSIC!!! No, we don’t listen to music -at all- at the office, and I forget how much I love music while I work away so diligently at my desk, then someone asks me a question I don’t know the answer to and YAY, early afternoon, that’s at least a 5 minute wait and at least one full song…I haven’t heard that song in sooooo long and I just adore it….Oh Pre-tty Ba-by…and it reminds me of Ten Things I Hate About You (modern version of Kiss Me, Kate, which was a modern version of Taming of the Shrew). Thank you Shakespeare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter