Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Still the same...and yet so different

I think back to my teens. What a horrible wonderful time that was. You feel like you’re all alone and that no one else feels the way you do, that no one else understands. How could they? They’re all so happy; their lives are so perfect. But as you grow up you realize that nothing is the way you thought it was. Everyone was the same. No one’s life was perfect. They were all just as confused as you were. They probably all thought that you were so happy; that your life was perfect.

I look back on those years and think of how far I’ve come, how much I’ve gone through to make me who I am today. And yet deep down there is still that confused little person inside of me. And I believe that inside of everyone there’s still a little part of who they were.

Some people have come a lot farther from those days than others, while some still cling to that person. That weakness makes them feel strong. They know who that person is. They have lived with them for so many years. A comfortable pair of shoes that they just can’t get rid of.

No one wants to be like that, lost and confused. But when I get to a place in my life where I feel lost and confused, I find that girl. And I cling to her and never want to let go. That girl got through it. With all the confusion she still made it through. She must have done something right for everything to work out. What did she do? How did she do it?

We all put a face on who we are, who we let the world see. How many people do we let see inside? And what have they done for us to let them in? How many faces do you have?

Is it wrong to try and shares everything with everyone? To try and let everyone in? Is there enough to go around?

Being a grownup isn’t necessarily better or even easier. We take the skills we have learnt and try to apply them correctly to the situation with which we’re presented. We have experienced and hopefully we have learned something along the way. But all that does is allow us to meet one challenge in order to face another that we have not yet faced; to conquer something and learn again. Does the learning ever stop? Do we ever want it to?

Take the good, take the positive, take the moments of joy and cherish them; don’t doubt them, don’t be afraid of them. Yes, we will face another demon. Enjoy the moments in between and enjoy facing your fears and evils as well, because they will teach you. To continue to learn and to grow is a great pleasure. Second only to the wonder of knowing that you are moving ahead, becoming the person you were meant to be, the person you already are.

Remember each day that although you are an actor and the world is your stage, that there are many people sharing the stage with you. Sometimes the spotlight is theirs. Never forget the other important players. Remember those who are behind the scenes helping you, setting the scene and giving you light. And those that bring you music, they bring true joy.

Remember all of them, for they are just as important as you. Sometimes you will play their music for them or hold the spotlight while they shine. Give them light, give them direction, and give them support.

Everyone plays a part, everyone takes their turn and sometimes it is best to just sit in the audience and take it all in.

Nothing is as important as right now, unless it’s…right now. Each moment moving into the next, building into another. But in each step we take forward we bring each past moment with us. Deep down still just that little person inside, so confused and looking with amazement and wonder at everything around us.
I never really liked that little girl. Now I love her; for she is wise and beautiful, she is strong and joyful, and she is still confused, but content in her confusion. She will be with me always and I have invited her to stay. She is wonderful company and I will always know her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter