Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Busy girl...

So much going on, so much to talk about, but just too tired these days...

I'm putting the finishing touches on my new apartment and spending money like it's going out of fashion.

I'm throwing my first party (ever) on Friday and have been busy planning it and getting everything ready and spending money like it's going out of fashion.

(yes, I realize I've repeated myself...but it's really getting silly)

Work is busy, hectic and a ton of fun, but I barely have a moment to myself during the day to let my brain rest (actually, meaning, to do personal stuff at the office to leave me time to do MORE personal stuff on my own time).

Keeping on top of everything is tough and getting proper sleep is getting to be a chore. I'm trying to stay focused and organized and everything.

I like being busy, but I look forward to having some time to myself and do some knitting...yes, seriously. Because that would be nice and peaceful.

I'm completely mentally wired right now, although physically exhausted. My body aches from lifting and carrying and all sorts of stuff. I am hoping to score a shoulder rub in the evening. I'll even return the favour. My shoulders feel swollen, they're so tight and sore.

I'm thinking about telling my neighbours (or should I say, warning them) about my housewarming gala (lol) on Friday night. A couple of my friends have suggested I do this, but it feels weird to me..."Hi, you don't know me, but I live next door/across the hall/down the hall, and I'm throwing a party on Friday night. Look how cool I am, sorry if we wake you, but don't say I didn't warn you." I mean I'd invite my neighbours but I don't live in the safest neighbourhood and I have NO idea what I'd be getting myself into PLUS...my friends are awesome...but if I have any neighbours that are really sheltered (I doubt (lol) it, but one never knows)...well, my friends aren't crazy...but we do know how to have fun and I wouldn't want to frighten the neighbours either. Ahhhh! So maybe before the shoulder rub and after the food preparation tonight...I might go to a couple of doors and feel like an idiot. I'm working with the idea of "Hi...you haven't met me yet...I'm your new neighbour. I'm having a little (lol) housewarming party on Friday night and I just wanted to let you know (this needs work)...I will try and keep the noise down, but feel free to let me know if it gets to be too much (?)..." Okay, I have no idea what I'm going to say. *sigh*...maybe just warn the superintendant at the other end of the hall, might even ask her for a quick drink...she seems okay, and I can't get into trouble if -she's- there, right?

Ack!

And I'm going through all sorts of party lists in my head (at every moment). When am I preparing which foods? Which dishes for I use for which things? What do I still have to buy? What needs to be done that day? Will I have enough food? Do I have enough mix? Am I crazy? Have I gone overboard? Probably. Am I excited? Definitely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter