Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Content

(note this was written 3 days ago....hey...I've been busy)

Do you every feel completely happy? Are you waiting or that one thing for you to be perfectly content? If you just get the perfect job, more money, the love of your life, great sex, a new piece of technology...what? What is keeping you, stopping you right now, right this second, from being perfectly happy?

Take a deep breath, close your eyes (after you finish reading of course ;)), and just enjoy. Enjoy living, enjoy breathing, enjoy just being you, there's only one of you.

Life is too short to keep waiting for something to happen, whatever it is you think you need to be happy.

Start enjoying everything you already have, the family and friends that you love and that love you, the job you do have, the home where you live, the extras that you already have that don't seem to be enough. You already have more than half of the planet. Enjoy and stop taking for granted everything that you do have. If you start enjoying the things you have you will feel better and those things will be more inportant and wonderful, because you make them what they are.

Stop and smell the roses, seriously, and when you do, think of how wonderful life is in that one scent (and if you don't like roses, any smell you do enjoy will do)

I am content, right now, I am perfectly happy. Sure, there's tons of stuff that I want, I wish for, I desire, but I have decided to stop placing my happiness on those things. Sure of course when I get those things I become happy...but I don't want to place my current emotions on the possibility of something in the future.

I want to enjoy my life as I'm living it. Regret it one of the worst things you can do to yourself and I would hate to get old and look back and find that I was never really happy, because I was waiting for it. I do not want to reach the end and look back...and regret.

I want to know each day that if I were to close my eyes right then and there and never woke up that I was truly happy and that there was nothing to regret. No time wasted.

And I know that's how I feel right now. Sure, there's tons I want to do, but at this point up to right this second, I'm happy.

Sure, it's easy for me to say all this right now...things are good, but it's the state of mind that is the most of it. I have to learn to remember all of this continually. When things aren't as good as they are right now and I don't feel happy, I have to remember, to relax and enjoy...state of mind is a lot more powerful than we admit...create your own happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter