Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

My old curtain...my new curtain :)

8pm Wednesday night (written on my cell phone, edited just now)

I've spent the whole afternoon finishing up my packing. I've come to pick up my curtains from my favourite seamstress in Greektown. Yes, okay, she's my only seamstress, but I did shop around until I found her, and I just adore her.

I rushed her a bit because today is the only day that I could pick up my curtains before I move in. And me, I just HAVE to have what I want, when I want it. Am I ever demanding?

So I get here and she has already stayed late just to get the curtains finished for me today...and sure enough I rushed her so much that she didn't read my chicken scratch, rushed diagram and made only one big curtain, instead of two equal curtains. She felt awful, and I tried not to be a spoiled little brat when I mentioned it to her. I told her it wasn't her fault, it was mine because I rushed her...and with the two of us apologizing we really weren't getting anywhere.

She assumed all responsibility and now I am sitting here while she finishes to make it just the way I want it for tonight. She insisted and of course I accepted because I really, really want it.

Can you tip your seamstress?

Ack! She is just the sweetestwoman in the world. When I went to pay her more, because hey...that was overtime in my books, she wouldn't accept it and not in a false no don't (yes, please) kind of way...just a sweet no. When I insisted she would only take half. lol....Loves her!

I might be moving even further from her but I will try to continue to bring her business...she's awesome...and so sweet...and nice...and very positive...and...YAY.

AND I have my wonderful, wonderful, harem style, bedroom curtains.

YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter