Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Friday, February 25, 2005

The Coat

Okay...

I did it.

I hummed and I hawed. I tried on the blue, I tried on the green. The large was too big, the medium a little snug but much more fetching.

Okay, blue again, green again...

me - "I wanted the pink, but my friends won't let me have the pink. The pink would be perfect."

Salesgirl - "well both the green and the blue look awesome...and I'm not just saying that!"

me - "of course you're not, I'm buying one of these jackets either way...and you'd better help me make the right choice or I'm going to be a pain in your butt when I return it for the other colour"

green again, blue again

I can't tell with my pink turtleneck on...it's tricking me.

me "...do you have a shirt without a collar that I can put on to try with the jacket"

Salesgirl "...sure"

me "...oh good, white shirt pink bra...now that's cute"

me "...oh wow...it is cute"

And, my goodness was the shirt ever comfy. Side note...must go back for some of those shirts (long sleeved tees, scoop neck, not cleavagy, great for the office or with jeans).

Love the green, love the blue...back to the green...not as nice after the blue, but the green is so candy...great with the pink sweater....makes me hungry for sugar. I am so cute in the green.

Pose, walk...pose, pose, turn, twirl...getting dizzy...

Play with the hair...green again...

Ahhhhhhhh! I just want the pink one...but you've said no pink, no pink, no pink, no...but the pink is so cute. Do NOT even try on the pink or you will buy the pink. But look at the pink, hanging there in the window...so lonely...so needing me...so cute on me.

The blue is too pale, the green should be paler...

There's a black...Yuck! Not for spring.

There's a tan-khaki-pale-thing...never...make me barf or at least make me look like barf.

I'm a Libra, put an ounce of weight on one side and I'll be happy. Someone chose for me...

Salesgirl "...they both look great"

Why won't she make the decision for me.

Other Shopper "...don't these seem a little snug?"

No, you're fat. (ouch)

me "...yes, a little, but they're stretchy and they're so cute". (that's why you're trying on the black lady, it's more sliming...I know)

Okay...
The problem...
...you were all such blue pushers but I -really- wanted the green, no one will have green...everyone will have blue and I want to be different, I love being different.

I get to the cash...hmmm...I'll buy a scarf, the kind you tie around your neck...pink (of course) because it will flatter me and the jacket nicely...I love pastels together.

me "...I'll take the pink scarf, just to piss off my friends who wouldn't let me buy the pink coat"

Other Salesgirl "...well it's all about accessories, how about this broach for another colour too..."

me "...no I can't pull off broaches, it makes me look like I'm trying too hard, which of course I would be..."

Other Salesgirl "...the scarf is a good choice, and you can use it as a belt or tie it like a man's tie...we're ALL about the accessories..."

(yeah I get that)

Other Salesgirl "...your total comes to $$$"

me "...it's HOW much?....how much is the scarf?"

(no wonder they're all about the accessories)

me "...What? no, put the scarf back."






I got the blue...It's soooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)

Thanks guys....

Love it :)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:10 p.m., Blogger PrincessDoubt said…

    Well......

    Except that it's REALLY pale...pulled it out in the bright florenscent lights of the office to find that this jacket is going to get filthy!!!

    The green would probably look clean longer. This might end up being a dry cleaning nightmare.

    Did I do the right thing?

    Ahhhhhhh ;)

    *kidding*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter