Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

How simply marvellous

It's now almost 5am and I am amazed that my brain is still functioning, and that my penmanship appears so relaxed and legible. It could just be my perception at this time. I shall have to check it in the morning with a fresh head and see if it is as clear as I think it is (sidenote: checked as I typed this...yes, quite legible).

What a marvellous evening!

I rushed home after work and busted my butt. I tidied up and cleaned, then jumped in the shower and began to make myself beautiful. With my hair in velcro rollers, wearing jeans and a bra, I proceded to cut fruit and lay out the food. Around 7:40 I realized that I needed to finish getting myself ready. I took out the rollers...Ack, hideous...nothing I could do but try and brush the crap out of it...put on a shirt, and back to preparations...oh, don't forget makeup, and then back to preparations. Everything was ready by 8pm when Nerds arrived. I was buzzing, all wired for the event ahead. Was everything ready? Was everything prepared? I put little finishing touches on things, not wanting to leave anything forgotten. We had a smoke, I started to calm down. I had some wine, a bite here a nibble there and then waited.

Would anyone show?

Yes they would, but not for awhile. Two guests arrived at 8:45, then another two shortly after that. The first two, co-workers, brought a lovely gift, from all of my coworkers who would be attending; 8 martini glasses and a shaker. More people arrived, and more and more. People ate, people drank, people brought me booze. Everyone socialized, introduced themselves. I was the hostess, jumping from group to group, trying to make sure people had drinks, were eating, were talking, getting along, Yay! My face hurt I was smiling so much. Lots of compliments, great apartment, colour, design, great food, great spread, Yay!

I got 4 gorgeous large red wine glasses from a friend and then some sex toy gag gifts (only I don't really thing they're meant as a joke) ;) from two other friends.

We laughed, we talked, I met new people. Some didn't show, many did. Some left at 11pm, others arrived, more left, more arrived, even more left and another group to arrive. Co-workers were leaving and left their friends that I had just met behind.

3:30am, the last 6 decide it was time to shut the party down. I closed the door, turned the lock and wanted to sit. But I looked around. I could go to bed right this minute but if I did the cleanup in the morning would require an exterminator, leaving all that food everywhere.

So I started to tidy, clean, wash, throw out. 4:30, with all the dishes at least rinsed, half washed, food thrown out, fridge tidied, beers put in their respective cases, I looked around. I looked around, a little more to do tomorrow, but the major projects had been completed.

Now here I am in bed, barely able to keep my eyes open. And I am out!

What a great night.

What a wonderful night!

What wonderful friends!

And now a good night.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You Rock ! Your first party in your new digs was an overwhelming success ! I love love love the colours . A person's home should be , and often is, a direct reflection of who they are. Your new apartment is bright, vibrant and colourful. It is warm and inviting and screams an energy of "groovy Love Vibe " .....sooo " Yea to The Princess , May she live long and happily in her new castle surrounded by her kingdom of friends !!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter