Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

England 2005 - Chapter 6

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
THE LADY & THE LITTLE MAN

I woke a little later this morning, 9:30. I rushed to get ready as I knew my cousin would be arriving with her husband and two children shortly.

Just as I began curling my hair, there was a knock at the door & it was the Little Lady. At 4 years old she is the vision of just that, a little lady.

Just before I opened the door, I heard my aunt say..."There's someone here who can't wait to meet you. She's so excited that she's jumping from foot to foot asking where you are."

She's beautiful. She has these great big blue eyes that you can get lost in.

I said "hello", and she just stared at me. I could see her taking me all in. Appearing too shy to say anything right away. But not really shy, more intrigued and processing the information.

I smiled and told her I'd be down in a minute when I had finished getting ready, and properly meet everyone. A couple of minutes later, hair done and teeth brushed, I go downstairs to meet the rest of the family additions & say hello to Cousin S.

Cousin S is holding the Littlem Man in her arms. The only way to describe the Little Man is a 15 month old rugby player. I love him to bits. You could just eat him up. I meet S's husband P and he seems nice. I get to know P much better throughout the day and he grows on me. But it's the Little Lady and the Little Man with whom I become completely enraptured. I spend the day with Cousin S doing mum stuff all day. I couldn't have asked for a better day. They're great!

I mentioned to S that before I left England I had to have a fish & chip dinner and also a Fry Up for breakfast, among other food things. S & P nicely obliged both of these. Actually, when S told P that I wanted both of those and they were going to get me both...he asked if I could visit every week. :)

We ordered take-away for dinner, which was marvellous. Fish & Chips, with mushy peas and curry sauce, yum, yum, yum.

We stopped by the grocery store on the way home to pick up the makings of a fry up for the following morning. I'm very excited for that. My only apprehension is the two bottles of wine that S & I finished this evening. Did we really drink that much?

Cups of tea - 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter