Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Last Night a DJ Saved My Life

I walk onto the dance floor and look up. An aura of light shines around a man, head tilted, ear on his shoulder, fingers moving wildly. He stands above the crowd. They are all facing him, worshipping him. The sound in the room is coming from him.

He is controlling the sound, many layers of sound. Do they work together? I'm listening. One folds into the other, two becomes one. Another makes its presence known. So many layers, so much depth.

He lifts me up. I go with him. The crowd is mesmerized, they are with him too.

Something skips. Is he losing control? He seems to look up. Is that a twinkle in his eye? He is so focused. Was that a glitch? Is he playing with me, with us? Is he...no wait, not a glitch, there it is again. He's doing it on purpose. He pulls it all together.

He is a conductor and we are the instruments. He is creating the sound, but he is playing us in tune. The music lilts, the bass pounds, the high-hat tickles. So many sounds, so much music. He is in control of all of them. So many sounds, so much music, from so many places.

Oh, he's teasing me. How does he do that?

Two become one. Three become one. Four become...how many are there? You find a layer and you start to feel another and it's gone and another two have replaced it. One becomes two. One becomes three. One becomes...Oh GOD!

I'm moving. I can't stop. He's holding my strings.

He is my preacher.

He is my puppet master.

He is my DJ.

Thank you Richie Hawtin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter