Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

England 2005 - Chapter 4

Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 11:25pm
LAZY DAY

Another great day. Slept late. Lovely British breakfast (at least it's British to me); muslix, toast with jam, tea, fresh squeezed orange juice.

Drove out to the country for a nice long walk. No rain for this one. Saw some really neat fields that still show the signs of the Saxons at least 500 years ago. You could tell because of the way the fields were still in deep straight ridges.

Back to the house for lunch. Chicken done in a thin mushroom & onion gravy, basmati rice, carrots in cream, and brocoli.

After lunch it was off to Farndon with Uncle S & Aunt N. I fell asleep almost immediately in the car, and woke up about 20 minutes outside of Farndon.

Uncle S has a lovely wisteria growing on the side of the house, which is almost in full bloom, I will take a picture of it and eventually (hopefully) scan in the darn thing and post it here (someday).

Sun showers in the early evening with a gorgeous double rainbow appearing against the black clouds.

As S&N had been on vacation the whole week prior, there was not much in the fridge. N whipped together yummy tuna melts and has given me some ideas for my own tuna melt recipe.

An evening of television ensued, some Dr. Who (to which I've now become addicted), Desparate Housewives (yes, I might have to rent the DVD of the first season of this as well) and some wonderful tongue-in-cheek British news/comedy satire program.

While all this tv watching was going on, I booked my hostel in London, on-line, for the end of the week. I fear that I've been ripped off for £14. I booked through an on-line hostel website, then afterwards I went to the hostel's website to read more about the hostel and found that I had been billed £7 more a night for the Fri & Sat than the hostel itself charged. I have printed all of the info and will question the hostel at check in time about the difference. It was not advertized that the site would charge me a fee. I wasn't worried, I figured that they billed the hostel for their place on the site. Had I been aware I would have looked for more information or called the hostel directly to book.

Off to bed now. Will hit London on Thursday. Seeing Cousin J tomorrow & Cousin S on Tuesday. I will spend the night at her place returning here on Wednesday. Weather and time permitting I'd like to see if I can arrange a trip to West Kirby, where my dad grew up, and visit the seaside.

4 cups of tea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter