Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

England 2005 - Chapter 5

Monday, May 23, 2005 - 10:15pm
THE LITTLE FLOWER

Today I went with Aunt N in the morning, to pick up her new car. A little French sports car. Red. A Peugeot. Quite a nice little number, fast, hot and with a cool hard top automatic convertible thing. I wonder if they could export one to Canada.

We then drove to Manchester and talked quite a lot along the way.

In Manchester we visited Cousin J and I got to meet his beautiful daughter The Little Flower. She is the most precious thing I have ever seen. And I fancy that I can see a little of myself in her face, when I was that small (18 months). It's the same nose and rosy red cheeks. She really is a little flower. A beautiful child both in face and temperment. Just a joy. She quite enjoyed her little Canada bear.

We went out for a walk and lunch in Wilslow. We had lunch in a little cafe, like Startbucks, only as my Cousin J's wife E says, better than Starbucks, because it's not that nasty American coffee. Lol...I should've had myself a cuppa, maybe that's why I don't like coffee...the stuff I get is American crap.

We window shopped through the early afternoon with The Little Flower napped in her stroller. Lots of stuff appealed to me in the shops, but they were all quite high end and too far out of my price range.

I did see some gorgeous umbrellas, all in candy colours, matching my jackets & scarves. All too cute to believe, also too far out of my price range. Three umbrellas would've cots me more than $100. Silly, but now I know what I want.

We went back to J's house where I met his wife E, only quickly as we were leaving. She had been working all day and seemed a little distracted. Her jobs sounds way too stressful... :(

Then N and I went off back home with a stop at Sainsbury's on the way. She needed to pick up food for our tea and I wanted to hit the junks food aisle. I picked up some bags of Mini Jaffa Cakes (yummy, yummy, yum), a big box of Quality Street, some licquorice allsorts, 2 microwaveable sticky toffee puddings and some blackcurrant jello (to be used for jello shooters). Mmmmmmmmm. The crisps I'll big up later. I wanted smaller bags. Mmmmmmmmm. I haven't found a huge selection of black currant sweets, no worries...I'll just hit every candy store in London.

We got home and N made a lovely dinner of marlin. What a nice meaty fish. Then we decided to pop back into town and see a movie with Uncle S. We saw 'A Good Woman', with Helen Hunt and Scarlet Johansen. I don't really like either of these actresses, but was intrigued by both of them while watching this movie. It was a great, quiet, little film, with a nice little twist.

Cups of tea - 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter