Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Almost a week...and now a random memory...

....and what a busy girl I've been.

I've been meaning to write. Every night I settle down with pen to paper, and every night I draw a blank. I try to force words out and none of it feels real and then I pass out mid-sentence.

Just now as I was writing this a vivid image flashed through my mind. One I haven't thought about in a very long time. This image felt very real, so guess what, you're going to hear about it ;)

It was a restaurant at the Pinecrest Mall in the 1980s. (I hope I'm getting the memory right re: it might have been a different location). I can't remember what it was called, but I'm going to call my mom today and run this image by her. It had a big glass atrium on the front and we used to go for buffet brunchin the spring time. For some reason I think the furniture was wicker or bamboo or something. There were floral patterns on either the seat cushions or the table cloths, or there were just a lot of flowers. It was very sunny. There wasn't a lot of room between tables. My sister was there.

I don't know where the image or the memory came from, but it was very vivid. Came seemingly out of nowhere.

I remember walking between the atrium area and the darkness of the restaurant, alongside the bar and/or the buffet table. I feel like I've been there more than once. I'm guessing I was quite young, as the memory feels very old and is difficult getting more from my archives.

It feels happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter