Just beyond the shadow of a doubt

This blog was created for me to put my musings down in written form, and maybe help others make choices through lessons that I have learned. Sometimes I just use it to get the words out of my head, or figure out something, or just because I want to.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday afternoon...you make your bed, you lie in it

It's late Friday afternoon and it's a good thing that I didn't get knackered last night. Yesterday I did a whole lot of nutin' at the the office. It was slow and I couldn't be bothered to do anything...how naughty am I? I knew today would be another slow day (can you say counting my chickens...?) and that I could get the piddly little things done and start on my filing. Yes, I totally intended to. I even wrote in my to do list last night before bed.

Well, it's always the unplanned things that ruin perfectly good filing days (yes, I realize I could be working on the filing right now instead of typing...but that's more of an early afternoon job, not a last thing in the day job). Nothing was a major task or difficult to do, but filled up my day just enough that filing wasn't possible. Now it will have to wait until next week...BUT...it will HAVE to be done next week as I leave on Friday and I don't want to come back to all that crap, that would ruin the time off on holiday.

Tonight I'm having a post house-warming party ie. a party to finish off the leftover booze from the housewarming party...and the party has already started. Probably not the smartest thing in the world, but my fingers are warmer. I'm pooped and sorta just want to go home and hang out in bed...unfortunately that activity is much more enjoyable when there's a nice warm body in there sharing the hanging out with you. I wonder if my house guests can be prompted to leave me one of the gorgeous hot bodies and then take off :) That would be sweet.

Okay...gotta stop thinking about that... ;)

And the market is closed...4pm...and the week is over.

And what's the rest of the weekend supposed to consist of...? Getting my fill of hockey tomorrow morning at 10am when Canada plays...yippee. What a marvellous way to spend a rainy Saturday hangover morning...lying on the sofa...hmmmm? pullout couch? in my jammies watching hockey and eating...hmmm? what should I eat? Do I have any junk? After eights dipped in whipped cream...Yummy! Actually, that whipped cream should -probably- be thrown out. Maybe I'll run down to the Mickey Dees....mmmmm McGriddles and breakfast burrito. YES! What a lovely morning...the only way it could be made better is for some after the first quarter fun...but, that's the problem with the single life. Oh well...

Afternoon...well if the weather is nice...a walk to the waterfront is very much in order. However, if it's raining, as is forecast...then more time spent lounging until around 2 and then a shower would be well deserved...an extra lOoooooooooooooooong shower ;) After that, the girls come over for the first visit of the abode...and then off to El's to watch "What the Bleep do we know" and a round table discussion...Sunday...Up nice and early, to go online and get Lord of the Rings: The Musical tickets which are going on sale at 9am...it will eat up a little space on my credit cards (space reserved for England)...but necessary. Then off to Poppa's where I'll meet up with Mom & Ph and have breakfast and then hang out with Poppa until the afternoon, back home for a 3 hour finale of Survivor.

Not a CRAZY weekend...but it will be loads of fun. Looking forward to it.

Giddyap!

Have a great weekend! I know I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter